Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown non-us wings

Article about: Hello everyone, THis is the first thread that I have started and hopefully it will bring me a few answers. I picked up this set of wings about a year or so ago. It was in with a bunch of jew

?

Default Unknown non-us wings

Hello everyone, THis is the first thread that I have started and hopefully it will bring me a few answers.

I picked up this set of wings about a year or so ago. It was in with a bunch of jewelry, but it doesn't have the look, feel or weight of a piece of women's jewelry.

Hopefully someone here can help me out with the ID!

Also, if you have unknown wings that you would like to add to this thread, feel free. Maybe we can clear up a few mysteries.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown non-us wings   Unknown non-us wings  

Unknown non-us wings  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown non-us wings 

?

Default Re: Unknown non-us wings

Just a guess looking at the style of the Eagle ..

Possibly a cast copy of the Eagle out of the German Observer Badge, (Minus wreath and Swasitca) ..

Again .. possibly made up in the USA by a jeweler using the eagle as a cast and dumping all the Nazi related background.

Erick,

Only a guess, but perhaps it is a variation/originally part of the type of badge below, identified as a Spanish Army Paratroopers Beret Badge on Bob Schwartz's site. The description states that the eagle measures 2 3/4 in. from wing tip to wing tip.
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown non-us wings 
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Long out-dated thread, but I believe this is a piece of costume jewellery.........
    Regards,

Steve.