Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

unknown para-badge or wing?

Article about: Hello,i've being ejoying your forum quite a while,but never ever posted anything. I don't know if this is the right section to place my question,so do feel free to place it in an other secti

Default unknown para-badge or wing?

Hello,i've being ejoying your forum quite a while,but never ever posted anything.
    I don't know if this is the right section to place my question,so do feel free to place it in an other section.
    Sometime ago i picked up this strange badge or parawing in a flea-market in Holland.
    It's made of brass and beneath the parachute is hanging a (Dutch windmill)
    I've searched the internet and Googled a long time but couldnt find anything.
    So I would be very pleased if anyone could tell anything about this wing.

regards Theo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown para-badge or wing?   unknown para-badge or wing?  

unknown para-badge or wing?  

Default Re: unknown para-badge or wing?

Welcome, and feel free to post more. I strongly suspect that this is a commemorative pin for the parachute jump made at Arnhem for the famous "Bridge too Far" battle.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: unknown para-badge or wing?

Steve,I've read your answer and maybe you're right,but during my research I found a parachute-wing that looks to be made in the same style .
    Maybe it is used in the Dutch-army during the Indonesian indipendence war.(1945-1950)
    When I find out what this wing was used for,I 'll let you know.

regards Theo

P.S this is the Dutch page,just click on "wings"below

wings