Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic

Article about: This is a troprical US Army Aviator tunic dating between 1926 and the mid 1930's. This tunic was made in the Philippines and has the M-1926 Wing and Prop configuration on the lapel and 1919

Default US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic

This is a troprical US Army Aviator tunic dating between 1926 and the mid 1930's. This tunic was made in the Philippines and has the M-1926 Wing and Prop configuration on the lapel and 1919 wing embroidered directly into the tunic. Nothing exceptional but just the same a tunic not often encountered.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic   US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic  

Attached Images Attached Images US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic 

Default Re: US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic

Actually I think that is the definition of exceptional. Direct embroidered uniforms are far from common and this one is exceptionally well done. Could you possibly show the interior lining details and the back side of the embroidery? Also any makers label would be really nice as well. Phillipine made aviation uniforms from that era are rare in my experience, to be honest I think they are rare from almost anywhere at that particular time, and I would love to see more details.

Cheers
    Gary

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    Actually I think that is the definition of exceptional. Direct embroidered uniforms are far from common and this one is exceptionally well done. Could you possibly show the interior lining details and the back side of the embroidery? Also any makers label would be really nice as well. Phillipine made aviation uniforms from that era are rare in my experience, to be honest I think they are rare from almost anywhere at that particular time, and I would love to see more details.

Cheers
    Gary
    Gary,
    The tunic is unlined as were most tropical uniforms. There is no tailor tag, I suspect it was made at one of the local sewing shops common outside the military base. Attached are pic of the inside.
    Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic   US AAC M-1926 Direct Embroidered Tunic  

Hi Major,

Thanks for the further pictures. The liner I was speaking of is the reinforcing they would put around the armpit area and the bottom vent of the skirt, also sometimes down the back of the button side. I have seen very nice cotton poplin like I believe yours has and even boiled wool. Silk was also occasionally used on the real high end jackets.

Once again that is a beautiful jacket!

Cheers
    Gary