Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009

Article about: I did a display at the Indiana State Museum of Indiana's role in US military aviation history. Using items out of my collection that were used by or manufactured by Hoosiers (people from Ind

?

Default Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009

I did a display at the Indiana State Museum of Indiana's role in US military aviation history. Using items out of my collection that were used by or manufactured by Hoosiers (people from Indiana), the timeline of the display went from the Wright Brothers to today's space program.

It was a little crowded and had low light, but I think it worked out Ok. Here are a few photos of the items that I had there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009   Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009  

Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009   Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009  

Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009  
    Attached Images Attached Images Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009 

?

Default Re: Us aviation display-veteran's day 2009

Very nice display it always feels good when you give something back to the community to support the vet's. Gary

very nice personal work!Congratulations!This kind of stuff makes always me fly high...

Fantastic display Erick! I myself, for the first time, placed a WWI aviation display in my local library for 11/11. I think it is very important for others to see and remember tangible items of the men who provide our freedom then and now.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Great display! If i had room in my collection the aviation helmets are things i am extremely fond of.

Thanks for showing.

rgds, Ty

These kind of displays are really worthwhile. Well done!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments. I like doing displays with a theme and this one was fun to do. I am thinking about doing a similar display next year but focusing on the Marines Corps. It will be their 235th birthday then.