Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet

Article about: by f100zardoz great photo...it looks hot there!! Were you there during tet? Got in-country right at the end of Tet, the oil storage tanks outside Siagon were still burning when I made my fir

Default Re: Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet

Quote by Steven M View Post
    It is history as far as I am concerned, and it is all the more meaningful having the person who wore it share it with us. Forum postings about these items rarely afford the benefit of corresponding directly with the person to whom the item(s) belong.

Your children are very fortunate Major...in more ways than one. I say that with no reservation whatsoever.
    Steve,
    Unfortunately usually the only time one sees this stuff is when the original owner has gone "West". (Old aviation expression, don't know why because I suspect I will go "South" to a warmer climate. Or so my wife has said). The last WW1 Vet passed away a few months ago and the WW2 folks are disappearing at an alarming rate. I read somewhere that VN Vets are passing at a rate of 1000 a day. For that reason I don't hesitate to talk to the younger generation and tell them of our experience so it will not be lost to history.
    Terry

f100zardoz
    ?

Hi, i am new to this forum....nice helmet...you might be interested in checking out my collection? Projects/Hobbies - Michael McEvoy

Michael,
    Welcome aboard. Checked out you helmet collection, very nice to say the least. I really like your ejection seat, nice touch.
    Terry

Welcome to the forum Michael, You have a very nice collection and the ejection seat is outstanding.

By the way are you from S.F. ?

rgds, Tyrone

?

Hawk3370, Thanks for posting the helmet and sharing your history with us! Have any photos of you and your crew/ship that you would like to share? Look forward to seeing more!

Beast,
    Thanks, Yes I have some pic, think they are under the sink, I use them to scare the roaches and mice away. Attached are a couple that I could lay my hands on for now. All are from the 240th AHC service in 1968 except the last one which is when I was a SSG with 10th SFG in Germany in 1965.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet  Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet  Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet  Vietnam APH-4 Flight Helmet 

For some reason can't get the last two to load. Will try later.
    Terry

Thanks, Yes I have some pic, think they are under the sink, I use them to scare the roaches and mice away
    Major.........naughty boy.

Thanks for sharing some of your personal history with us.
    Last edited by Steven M; 01-12-2010 at 04:45 AM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Terry,

I love your pictures ! Do you happen to have more?
    Causal with friends is cool as well.

Talking to you briefly makes me need to touch base alittle more with my own families ties with the conflict.

rgds, Ty

f100zardoz
    ?

great photo...it looks hot there!! Were you there during tet?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast