Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's this statue?

Article about: Forgot to mention in my previous post, the two pictures are of Edward (Butch) O'Hare. Extremely close facial features on the statue and in the pictures. Terry

Default What's this statue?

What's this statue?
    ImageShack -

Default Re: What's this statue?

?

Lindbergh ?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Lindbergh ?
    My first impression as well...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    My first impression as well...
    Yeah, looks like him.

Jan
    ?

Totally

Rgds Jan

Definately him!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What's this statue?  

Quote by Enclave View Post

I recall a large bronze statue that I could swear looked just like this one, but it has been 30 years or more since I saw it so I could be wrong. It was a very large bust of Lt. Moss lee Love and set in the entrance to the Airport at Love Field Texas. If anyone can find a picture of that bronze bust, it may be one in the same.

Terry

?

If you look on his chest it looks like he has part of a shoulder holster for the .38cal Victory revolver holster loops showing. This rig was very popular with pilots.Just my two cents worth. Gary

Quote by Enclave View Post
    What's this statue?
    ImageShack -

Endave,
    Getting senile I guess, mind is not as sharp as it used to be. In a previous posting I thought it was Lt. Love for which Love field is named. But Lt. Love was killed in 1913 long before this type flying helmet was used. However I knew I had seen this statue before, and it just struck me. Cdr Edward "Butch" O'Hare, USN, MOH, Statue set in the entrance to O'Hare Airport in Chicago. I am about 95 percent sure that this is the same statue.l

A previous member mentioned that it looked like a shoulder holster on the statue. Notice that the statue is wearing a WW2 Navy flight helmet and what looks like a may west under the shoulder harness.

Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images What's this statue?  What's this statue? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast