MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Ww 1 air service banner

Article about: All comments welcome..................dave h

Default Ww 1 air service banner

All comments welcome..................dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww 1 air service banner  

Default Re: Ww 1 air service banner

Looks beautiful! What are it's dimensions?

Gary

Gary, it is approx 7" x 9" if i remember correctly,this photo is in my document folder,and the banner is packed away.......I believe it may be a window banner for a son in service..........Dave H

Very nice peice!

Super piece Dave, I believe it is indeed a window banner that was perhaps modified by mom or pop at the time. It looks to have period type cross stitching from being sewn to another piece of fabric remaining around the perimeter. Makes you wonder if it was incorporated into a quilt or other keepsake after he returned home. Thanks for posting.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by SADolch View Post
    All comments welcome..................dave h
    Very nice. It is indeed a Son In Service Banner. They usually had a metal hanger bar across the top. I love these, they were made for each branch of the service with a lot of variations. Attached are a couple I have hanging around.

Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww 1 air service banner   Ww 1 air service banner  

Ww 1 air service banner   Ww 1 air service banner  

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    Very nice. It is indeed a Son In Service Banner. They usually had a metal hanger bar across the top. I love these, they were made for each branch of the service with a lot of variations. Attached are a couple I have hanging around.

Terry
    Some great additions to the post Major! I recognize three of them from a certain publication...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]