Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Raf pilots items

Article about: Hi guys not long purchased this grouping of items from same source named to a warrant officer Dennis Aaron 1451055 aged 23 229 squadron.I have found out that W/O was unfortunately killed in

Default WW2 Raf pilots items

Hi guys not long purchased this grouping of items from same source named to a warrant officer Dennis Aaron 1451055 aged 23 229 squadron.I have found out that W/O was unfortunately killed in an accident on 30th April 1946 carrying 10 passengers in Dakota FZ559 flying out of no3 parachute training school Chakala (Islamabad int airport as known today).In the belongings you can see A Beaufighter manual this had a photograph of him inside with his dog.Dinght emergency transmitter bag (Gibson girl).Booklet on how to fly a lucky charm crucifix with a lock of blonde hair contained in a little plastic case.A sword case 2 flags a pair of flying boots i am unfamiliar with and a bunch of German military maps that i am unfamiliar with possibly army ready for the invasion of the Uk.Further research has allowed me to find out his medals were sold at auction a few years ago 39-45 star,Italy star,Defence medal,War medal i wonder if he flew Beaufighters in italy?? His wartime service jacket has medal ribbon and has evidence of a aircrew brevet not a pilot possibly a Nav on Beaufighter i can only guess.I also have his period Irvin but not the best a little faded but all the teddy bear type fur is intact and is not lost all in all a nice grouping that i am very happy with if anyone has any feedback on any of the items or anymore research for me id be very very gratefull but for now all i can say is RIP W/O Dennis Aaron you must of been a remarkable man.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Raf pilots items   WW2 Raf pilots items  

WW2 Raf pilots items   WW2 Raf pilots items  

Default Re: WW2 Raf pilots items

The Dakota crashed into high ground Pindi-Khut Punjab i can only assume he was awarded his pilots wings 1945/46 .

Very nice set, thanks for showing it!

List of those killed on Dakota FZ559 W.O. Dennis Aaron , W.O. Richard Montgomery 22 wireless op , Lt D.Riccomini ,Cpt Dalbir Singh Jawanda Royal Indian service corps, 2lt Samuel Augustine Devadson ,Lt Raghuraj Singh 32,Lt George Pathenpura 28,Lt Keith Whitson,Lt Muhammad Ali Quereshi 24,Cpt Mazhar Alishah 34 66 General transport company R.I.A.S.C,Sepoy Qutb Din 24 R.I.A.S.C