Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Bomber Wings on Ebay

Article about: Legit? WWI U.S. ARMY AIR SERVICE BOMBARDIER WINGS (STERLING) - eBay (item 260573890092 end time Mar-29-10 20:20:05 PDT) We have some very knowledgeable in the field so I'm hoping we'll get t

Default WWI Bomber Wings on Ebay

Legit?

WWI U.S. ARMY AIR SERVICE BOMBARDIER WINGS (STERLING) - eBay (item 260573890092 end time Mar-29-10 20:20:05 PDT)

We have some very knowledgeable in the field so I'm hoping we'll get their opinions on these rare wings.

-Chuck

Default Re: WWI Bomber Wings on Ebay

I don't like this one at all. The US's are rendered very poorly. Additionally I see clear evidence of casting bubbles on the back.
    The findings are well done however.

Cheers
    Gary

I agree with Gary on this one. Casting marks are visible on the reverse of the bomb as well as the leading edge of the wings on the reverse. I don't like the catch either, I would expect better quality for a hand made piece of such limited number. As far as I am concerned, this is a definite candidate for inclusion into the Fake gallery.

Here are the pics from the auction...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Bomber Wings on Ebay   WWI Bomber Wings on Ebay  

WWI Bomber Wings on Ebay  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I agree with Steve and Gary! I posted the other set this Enay seller has listed as a fake in the "other" forum

I think this seller does not know since he is posting photos that show these are cast wings.

Cheers
    John

Steve, John-

Thanks! Let's move this set over to the dark side (aka fake section).