Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this A WWI flight helmet

Article about: Chris it does look like that driving helmet. To bad it didn't have a tag to help ID it better. Gary

?

Default Is this A WWI flight helmet

A friend of mine has this and wants to know if its WWI flight helmet or later or is it just a leather hat any help would be great. The leather is still soft and the liner has no holes. If it is WWI Military I will try and buy it off him would $125.00 US be a good price.The helmet has what looks like two ear holes tha have a cover (see photos) also has a loop on the top if that helps at all . No makers tag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this A WWI flight helmet   Is this A WWI flight helmet  

Is this A WWI flight helmet   Is this A WWI flight helmet  

Is this A WWI flight helmet   Is this A WWI flight helmet  

Default Re: Is this A WWI flight helmet

From first glance it appears to be a ww 1 german flight helmet with the loop on top,,however the majority of german ww 1 flight helmets i have encountered have prym 4 snaps and a roller buckle,,,,,never heard of baymond???????? Dave h

Hope this helps...............dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this A WWI flight helmet   Is this A WWI flight helmet  

Quote by SADolch View Post
    From first glance it appears to be a ww 1 german flight helmet with the loop on top,,however the majority of german ww 1 flight helmets i have encountered have prym 4 snaps and a roller buckle,,,,,never heard of baymond???????? Dave h
    I think it actually says 'RAYMOND'..............
    Regards,

Steve.

could be a civilian style flight helmet from the 20's or 30's...

Or a civilian automobile helmet. They were driving fairly open vehicles back then too,
    and just as auto goggles were used by pilots, I'm sure there were helmets like these
    used for driving, and vice-versa........
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve,,sorry about that i thought it read baymond.
    Regards,DAVE

?

Guys thanks for the help. Dave it does look alot like yours. I will tell my friend that it might be WW1 or just a driving hat. I think I will hold off on this one for my collection. Thanks again. Gary

Wow such a tough area. When I saw it, I was reminded of the photo of the SS NCO in the famous Malmedy crossroads photo. I would say, tenativly driving helmet--but definately German
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this A WWI flight helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast