Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France

Article about: Hi guys, Thanks for the interests. I originally posted before in my other thread that this was from a Fokker D. VII as oradour stated, however I have swayed a bit from that theory after some

Arrow WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France

I originally posted this along with some other aviation items in my introduction thread, but it is more appropraite here.

This cockpit section is from a German plane downed near Noviant, France in September of 1918. The plywood is Birch, the reinforcement ring is made of Ash and the underside reinforcement strips are made of oak. The method used to join the plywood joints together is called scarf joining. This is a very finely detailed piece of work and on the underside, it is vary hard to see in some areas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France   WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France

Period attached label.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Side view.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Construction detail photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France   WWI German Aircraft Cockpit Section - Downed In France  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

More details.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last one, showing joint overlap. I hope you all enjoy seeing this!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

An incredible piece, worthy of mention again.....

?

Can't wait to see the way you finally display this but, whatever way you go, there is no denying how very neat it is to own this small but, significant & ultra rare piece of early Aviation history!

Hi Steve, interesting item!

Have you worked out which aircraft type it belonged too?

Cheers, Ade.

' Fokker D.VII '

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast