Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform

Article about: This is the the latest addition to my collection,the uniform i've always wanted! It is a model 1936 summer tunic that belonged to a Colonel of the infantry. The overall condition is great wi

?

Default Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform

This is the the latest addition to my collection,the uniform i've always wanted!
    It is a model 1936 summer tunic that belonged to a Colonel of the infantry.
    The overall condition is great with no moth holes or tears,which is to be expected since moths dont like this type of cloth.
    I got the uniform from a friend and it came with 2 sets of shoulder boards,1 pair of Lieutenant Colonel and 1 pair of Colonel boards.
    I chose to go with the colonel boards,just need the buttons and string to attach them.(coming soon).
    The uniform came from a guy who had pictures of the officer it belonged to as well as some other items,unfortunately he was not willing to sell them as a grouping
    and was asking way too much for the pictures...I'm thinking of reaching out to the seller to try and get the pictures,if he still has them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform   Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform  

Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform   Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform  

Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform  

?

Here is the uniform complete and displayed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform   Bulgarian Colonel's summer uniform  

MAP
    ?

That looks great!

Will you look for a ribbon bar eventually?

Did they where belts with these
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    That looks great!

Will you look for a ribbon bar eventually?

Did they where belts with these
    Yes they did wear belts,I'm searching,just missed one that sold for 7 eur...I totally forgot about that auction lol
    A ribbon bar that big would be extremely hard to find...What i can find is the medal located above his right chest pocket(a bravery cross).
    And the award located on his right chest pocket(the infantry badge)
    On the left chest pocket he should have wore the general staff badge which is impossible to find...

TWS
    ?

Nice display of a uniform hardly ever seen in collections.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

I agree Todd. Nice to see something different and nice at the same time.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks guys!I feel its my "duty" to post these uniforms so people have something to look at as reference.
    There are almost no books on Bulgarian items,so pictures of certain items is all you can use to study them.

I'd be proud to own this set, very nice.