Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?

Article about: This helmet came into my possession fairly recently and for a small sum. I liked it and bought it, and was told by the seller that from his knowledge it was modified in combat and a possible

?

Default Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?

This helmet came into my possession fairly recently and for a small sum. I liked it and bought it, and was told by the seller that from his knowledge it was modified in combat and a possible re-issue, both of which I have found hard to either dispute nor to ascertain. I am not an expert of Axis WW2 helmets therefore I welcome any discussion and input from all of you! A lot of reading has revealed grey areas historically (and from source material) which dictate whether the entirety of the helmet is original or not. Shell and liner appear to be original but am skeptical of the decals. Name on inside is is J. Voss and is painted on, makers mark under pad is seemingly uninteligible (but i’m not really sure what i’m looking for) Particulary regarding the remnants of side decals and interior details any knowledge would be great just for discussion’s sake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?   Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?  

Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?   Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?  

Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?   Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications?  

Attached Images Attached Images Bulgarian M36C helmet with extensive combat modifications? 

MAP
    ?

Welcome Granz.

I don't claim to know much about these helmets. Only having one, which was a nice gift from a member here

Please compare to mine in the link below

WW2 Bulgarian M36C

while the helmet shell and liner looks correct, the rest has been "embellished". No idea what that one decal is trying to be. The "wire camo" has been recently added to my eyes. And lastly, trying to figure out why it has what appears to be a German dome stamp
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Welcome to the forum Granz.
    I tottaly agree with Map.A messed up helmet.
    Sorry to bring you the bad news but there is nothing that is ok with this helmet....Fake decals and paint,added wire,dome stamp and name.
    I would say its a poor attempt to make the helmet look like a much desired German one...
    Last edited by Ripper; 03-31-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Wire is faked, looks like new paint and decals. It's embellished as MAP had said.. It still looks pretty cool to me, though. (Despite all it's flaws and embellishments)