Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?

Article about: Hello Everyone! I am new to collecting axis militaria and to these forum as well and I was wondering if the paint and liner in my Bulgarian helmet is original? Also would this be before or a

Default Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?

Hello Everyone!

I am new to collecting axis militaria and to these forum as well and I was wondering if the paint and liner in my Bulgarian helmet is original? Also would this be before or after they switched to being communist? Thanks for your help.

Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?Bulgarian M36C Original Paint?

Yes the liner is original. Also the original color of the helmet, the remains of the decal of tsarist Bulgaria are visible.

Quote by ricardo View Post
    Yes the liner is original. Also the original color of the helmet, the remains of the decal of tsarist Bulgaria are visible.
    Thank you for your response! I figured it was all original but can never be too sure.

Might be overpainted outside, hard to tell because the pictures are a bit dark and small. Liner, strap and inner paint is original for sure. M36 C helmets are pretty common, I'd try to find a decent example in better condition with nice decal.

Thanks for your input! This helmet is actually already mine, I got it back in 2012 or so for 8 dollars and was just wondering if the paint was original. I would post new pictures, but I don't have it with me at the moment.

?

Hard to tell from these pictures,but from what i can see you have communist era paint on top and the original ww2 paint underneath.
    Emanuil.