Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cap identification required

Article about: here's a cap from my collection id really like to know more about from what ive been told it was possibly from indochina ,it certainly looks similar to the ww2 style IJA caps in style the co

Default cap identification required

here's a cap from my collection id really like to know more about from what ive been told it was possibly from indochina ,it certainly looks similar to the ww2 style IJA caps in style the communist style star too is reminicent ,no maker mark present the leather 2 piece strap is fixed by two buttons cap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification required
    Last edited by James C; 11-07-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Regards James

just giving the thread a nudge ,still hoping for learned member's to chime in
    Regards James

It has a homemade look to it James
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for your interest Jerry this has been one of the slowest threads ive ever started but your right it does have a certain jungle workshop /cottage industry look to it i might have to broaden my horizons on a definitive answer to who it was aligned too ,it certainly shows some wear and tear and the pictures really dont do justice ,in hand this khaki cap perhaps used during the dryer seasons certainly looks ,feels and smells of an earlier vintage ,the brow area shows the most usage with a thick black grime mark ,the star appears to be applied with thick yellow paint that over time has faded to a mustard colour and the backing is a red felt split in two halves ,under better light conditions i have noticed what looks like a westernised serial number in what could be pencil allthough just legible it might be 2 3 6 but im not sure ,i have a few theories of my own on its military use and is not unknown to see western numbers on chinese made items ,the chinstrap looks very similar to the leather straps found on the sun helmets/pith helmets of the viet cong but the insignia star is more like the viet minh or the peoples army of vietnam national flags ,here is some extra close up pictures i took tonight ,i hate the long dark nights ,just terrible for decent pictures ,cheers jamescap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification requiredcap identification required
    Regards James

The buttons look like those found on allied uniforms from late WWII onward. It does look field made, in theater or in some little sweat shop type workshop. The red star sadly does not narrow it down much as that was used by many. An interesting but for now enigmatic item James, good luck with the search for its origins.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hey Guys. To Me it seems to be a Chinese late war issue.

Greg

thanks jerry and for your support on this one any help is great and your right about the buttons they do look more western in origin ,i do understand some items are never fully identified and will always be a bit of a mystery wrapped in a riddle im also optomistic things might become clearer in time for this field cap ,to be honest i wasnt sure which sub section to put it under ,i knew it wasnt imperial japanese so was struggling to place it correctly ,pehaps if moved to a better place it might get the coverage and answers it needs ,thanks again james
    Regards James

hi greg and many thanks for your thoughts on this one mate ,i had better do some more research cheers james
    Regards James

The yellow/gold star on a red background points to North Vietnamese, but the cap it's self is quite primitive and looks nothing like any NVA issue, i'll take a wild guess at Viet Minh!....

thanks too paul for your input on this one the thread never really got off the ground once posted it but at least now now i have a few more ideas to research upon ,cheers james
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast