Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Commemorative spanish German medal.....

Article about: I know on.my what I've read in the archives here and on Wikipedia. I know I read in the archives here, three should be a, "1," on the ring, which isn't present on this medal. So I'

Default Commemorative spanish German medal.....

I know on.my what I've read in the archives here and on Wikipedia. I know I read in the archives here, three should be a, "1," on the ring, which isn't present on this medal. So I'm guessing this isn't original? Can anyone tell me this is an original piece? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commemorative spanish German medal.....   Commemorative spanish German medal.....  

I can't help you with authenticity, but with the images provided it would be hard to tell. Is there a chance you can get some sharper, more defined images?

Hopefully these pics are a little better. I only have my phone for pictures, this is the best I can get.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commemorative spanish German medal.....   Commemorative spanish German medal.....  

?

Off the bat it looks like a nice Spanish made medal except that it has the ring instead of the usual ball suspension. I can't tell by the picture but it appears that the loop has been repaired or resoldered ? Maybe that could explain the lack of markings. This is my Spanish made version for visual comparison. I think Ade posted some pictures of an original German made medal on a thread. Maybe he'll chime in and offer an opinion. Hope this helps

Al

Here is the link a discussion on some of these medals: Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"

Commemorative spanish German medal.....Commemorative spanish German medal.....

Last edited by Aldo; 09-10-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Off the bat it looks like a nice Spanish made medal except that it has the ring instead of the usual ball suspension. I can't tell by the picture but it appears that the loop has been repaired or resoldered ? Maybe that could explain the lack of markings. This is my Spanish made version for visual comparison. I think Ade posted some pictures of an original German made medal on a thread. Maybe he'll chime in and offer an opinion. Hope this helps

Al

Here is the link a discussion on some of these medals: Tapferkeits- und Erinnerungsmedaille der Spanischen "Blauen Division"

You're dead right, you can see the solder repair, not the cleanest soldering job, but a definite repair. Thanks for the reply.

?

read post #2 for further clarification
    Spanish blue division medal