Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?

Article about: Can anyone help me identify when this badge was made? I understand it is a Spanish badge, but am not sure if it could be considered a Condor Legion badge. It has about a 3 3/4" wingspan

Default Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?

Can anyone help me identify when this badge was made? I understand it is a Spanish badge, but am not sure if it could be considered a Condor Legion badge. It has about a 3 3/4" wingspan and no visible markings. I would also very much appreciate if anyone can tell me what it's worth if I decide to sell it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?   Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?  

Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?  

Default Re: Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?

Hi,
    This is indeed a Spanish pilot wing, and indeed obsolete, and indeed from the Franco period - but it is post-WWII. Probably made by Rokiski, and likely a 1960s issue wing.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Default Re: Is this a Condor Legion pilot wing?

Not a Rokiski made wing......not at all....their wings were of great quality, while this one looks quite rough and is unmarked to Rokiski. I would venture to suggest that this one looks as though the red transparent enamel which should be in the centre circle has come out and it has been painted red to replace it. Had this been a Rokiski badge and complete it would be worth lots, but in this shape....somewhere between $0 and $20. Who would buy it unless to restore?