Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Czechoslovak Helmets: Two sides of the same coin

Article about: Thanks to member Shadwellarmy (who should check his messages so I can pay him!) I've been able to get my hands on a Slovak Army Vz32. Which means, that I have a Vz32 from the Allied side, an

?

Default Czechoslovak Helmets: Two sides of the same coin

Thanks to member Shadwellarmy (who should check his messages so I can pay him!) I've been able to get my hands on a Slovak Army Vz32.

Which means, that I have a Vz32 from the Allied side, and from the Axis side in my collection now Thought I'd share a side-by-side photo I snapped this morning when it arrived.

Czechoslovak Helmets: Two sides of the same coin

- Martin

Ps - If anyone else has a Vz32 with red star on it, please PM me!

?

Very nice! I love the look of these lids. I also like the way you displayed these, Martin! Mine is black , for civies' and has no decals. It has the three pad liner and chinstrap though. I would sell half my collection for the SS variant!

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Very nice! I love the look of these lids. I also like the way you displayed these, Martin! Mine is black , for civies' and has no decals. It has the three pad liner and chinstrap though. I would sell half my collection for the SS variant!
    SS Variant? I don't recall the SS ever utilizing these, if you have any photos please share.

Luftschutz variants, I'm famlilar with at least three: Luftschutz decal over the mustard brown paint; repainted blue with Luftschutz decal, and repainted gray with Luftschutz decal.

The black ones were civil defense post war, when the army got upgraded to Russian helmets and the Vz53.