Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

did I ever get bayonetted, kinda funny

Article about: you can fix that dremeled Arisaka bayonet, since it's already been messed with you should use extra fine sand paper and smooth out the rough dremel marks and wipe a small amount gun blueing

Default did I ever get bayonetted, kinda funny

I bought an arisaka bayonet for 70.00, well the pics were not great, but it looked ok, but I thought that it was a little too shiney, doh!, so I bought it, when i received it someone had taken a dremel tool or grinder to it, there fore the reason for being so shiney, I haven't been doing this long, so I know what you are calling me right now & I feel like one, so you can't even see the serial #'s anymore,well I guess I have a parts bayonet now. I feel so stupid, but the pic's were probably before they did there stupid handy work, it was a no return, so I did write them a nasty little note, made me feel a little better anyway. sorry just venting about my bonehead moment of the week., oh yeah sorry i don't have anything to post pic's.

Default Re: did I ever get bayonetted, kinda funny

Hello-everybody has to start somewhere, but I must admit I would never buy something sight unseen (not pictures)-better luck next time!

yeah, I should have known better, but since january, thats when I started, it's my first time, it was bound to happen, I guess I need to leave ebay alone, but I did get a good deal on some U.S. wire cutters with the pouch, they are the real deal. oh well life goes on.

We all get stung once in a while..............

At least it wasn't $700, or you would really be freaking !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I think we've all been there,...wait until you sell something and wish you had it back,..that's a lotta fun,too!

Quote by jws54 View Post
    I think we've all been there,...wait until you sell something and wish you had it back,..that's a lotta fun,too!
    yeah I gave away to my grandkids some of my Iraqi stuff from 91, I had a neat plastic helmet, that had a bullet hole through it, it was fun scrubbing that out but they lost all that stuff.only got a new, well it was new then gas mask, a duffle bag & a red beret, with their eagle on it, we were in support of 24th mech inf. we were field arty, it was some republican gaurd unit, so what I do have has their traingle on it. oh well . it was bound to happen.

my uncle gave me one of those 2 months ago including a ww1 french bayonet and a ww1 polish Calvary sord

Quote by Hunt for the IronCross View Post
    my uncle gave me one of those 2 months ago including a ww1 french bayonet and a ww1 polish Calvary sord
    man, that was nice of him, I just love old stuff, esp. militaria, but I have a huge Indian artifact collection & some other antique stuff

hey crazy horse, can you post your SS helmet in the steel helmets section? i would love to see some good pictures of it. gotta love an SS helmet!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    hey crazy horse, can you post your SS helmet in the steel helmets section? i would love to see some good pictures of it. gotta love an SS helmet!
    that's the only pic I have of it, I had a guy in montana, or wyoming restore it for me, he aged the ss decal, but I told him to leave the red swazstika decal off, some of the rust is starting to come back , but I love that helmet, I did have him put my uncles name inside it, he was my favorite uncle full blooded German, but an american ,he served in Korea as a medic, he never would tell me anything, but I guess I can't blame him, but I can try, but it will be the same pic, the man sent it to me right before he sent it back home, other wise all I have are 2 m-1 american helmet's, one in Pacific theater marine cammo cover, the other has a para liner, but I have a Nam cammo cover on it for now until I find a net cover for it. I will give it a try though, oh yeah forgot, it has a new liner & chinstrap, kinda wish I had not had that done now, oh well. but thank's, yeah I am a big waffen ss fan too, I have a mauser that supposedly has the ss code stamped on it, I got it from a company in cali, I love shooting it, so smooth. can you , or anyone tell me if the letter code BNZ is ss thats what they told me & sent me a COA, it said it was refurbished in a concentration camp, I would have to find it to tell you which camp, I have crs, I mean a bad memory any way I will try I don't have a set up for pic'sbut thank's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast