Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Franco era Spanish Visor Cap

Article about: Good evening, It's my first post in a long time! I'm in the process of selling up my entire collection and I've come across this which I bought years ago! Can someone please tell what time p

Default Franco era Spanish Visor Cap

Good evening,

It's my first post in a long time!

I'm in the process of selling up my entire collection and I've come across this which I bought years ago!

Can someone please tell what time period this visor relates to as I believe the Spanish used this design during the after the civil war.

If someone could help me with value also that would be the icing on the cake.

Thank you, Glen
    Attached Images Attached Images Franco era Spanish Visor Cap  Franco era Spanish Visor Cap  Franco era Spanish Visor Cap  Franco era Spanish Visor Cap  Franco era Spanish Visor Cap  Franco era Spanish Visor Cap 

Lovely cap
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

This is a Franco era cap, post civil war for sure. I believe a 1943 regulation cap that was used for a few decades after the war. Some collectors try to associate this with the Blue Division because it is from that era. If the visor has a nice slope, I cant tell from the photo angle, then it's referred to as the type modeled after the German visors, "Inclinada" . You can pm for opinions on price and I'll direct you where to look.

Al

?

Without getting to complicated, here is a similar cap of lower rank 1st Lt or Captain listed on a popular Spanish auction site for 40 euro. I have seen them sell for more but it depends on what story the dealer attaches to it.

The website for militariabcn has a similar one with Colonel rank selling for considerably more. I can't seem to post
    the link.

Good luck, Al

ASR
    ?

A Spanish colonel pattern 1943.
    Early manufacture (mid to late forties). High end quality in embroideries and workmanship. Whilst the general style held on till the late seventies, these early period caps (WW2 vintage) are starting to get scarce. I hope this helps