Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?

Article about: Hello. Can anyone help me ID this lapel badge? From what I could find, it appears to be Spanish Marine Infantry? And if it is, is it Franco era? Earlier? Later? These are the only photos I h

?

Default Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?

Hello. Can anyone help me ID this lapel badge? From what I could find, it appears to be Spanish Marine Infantry? And if it is, is it Franco era? Earlier? Later? These are the only photos I have at the moment. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge? 

?

The Royal crown indicates post Franco era. Franco era items would either be devoid of a crown or adorned with the ducal crown (open crown). The royal crown was also present prior to the civil war and abdication of King Alfonso XIII in 1931. Technically this could be pre civil war but I don't know enough about it to make that claim. You have to look at this and think is this a post 1975 era pin or pre 1931 pin. Maybe better photo's can help. Al

?

I will take some better images when it arrives. It is coming mixed in with some WWII era USMC items, so I just assumed it might also be WWII era

?

Here are a few better shots of this badge, I hope they help...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?   Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?  

?

I believe it is a Spanish Marine Infantry pin from the era of King Juan Carlos, post Franco.There is a remote chance it could be an early piece from Juan Carlos' grandfather King Alfonso XIII prior to 1931 but I haven't seen any examples like this from that era. I will keep looking for more pre Franco era examples to see if anything looks similar.

?

This is a Spanish Marine infantry pin from the era of Juan Carlos I, post 1975. While yours is much nicer it's the same idea. I'm still holding out to to see if I can find an old one from the turn of the century that looks more like yours

?

Maybe yours is enlisted, and mine officer?

?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Maybe yours is enlisted, and mine officer?
    It could be, the problem with Spanish militaria is that it's hard to nail down the era other than the presence or absence of a crown. early 1900's has the big royal crown like yours, 1931 through the civil war, the republic is devoid of any crown except for Franco troops with the small crown and Carlistas with their own big royal crown insignia, 1939 to 1975 different versions of the ducal crown under Franco, post 1975 back to the big Royal crown. I just bought a sample board of insignia from the early 1900's that has various crown insignia. I'll post it when it gets her to see if it sheds light on variations of theses royal crowns.

?

I did a little research on the Spanish Marine Infantry of the early 1900's under King Alfonso XIII. I found several images pertaining to the Marine infantry in the form of buckles and epaulettes but no pins. They all depict the anchor and crown with no crossed rifles. Then I found a nice gorget from that era and it did have the same symbol as yours with the crossed rifles. So I have to conclude that your pin still could be from this earlier era but I believe it's post Franco era soley based on the look of it. In other words no definitive conclusion, lol.

Regards, Al

Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?Franco Spanish Marine Infantry Badge?

?

An interesting link for Spanish marine Infantry. It's in Spanish but it has some great photo's of uniforms and such.

Uniformes espanoles contemporaneos del ejercito espanol: Infanteria de Marina

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast