Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Flag Opinions?

Article about: by Militariasammler Maybe. We will see, so far since payment date; June 11. Theres been one PM from him saying he will be "off" for a few days, whatever his "off" means a

Default German Flag Opinions?

Since I cannot find a place to ask specifically about a German flag I thought this section to be best. Here it is, I was looking at buying this and I am curious as to its authenticity. I have so far had a 50/50 take on it, the "nay" actually giving little in terms of what he found wrong with it. If you can help/suggest that would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Flag Opinions?   German Flag Opinions?  

German Flag Opinions?   German Flag Opinions?  

Default Re: German Flag Opinions?

Well, it's not a flag, because it has grommets on both ends, and it's not double stitched like a flag. It would have been used as a banner. The grommets look of the period, but I'm not sure about the banner. How big is it?

Jay

To be more precise it is a "vehicle ID flag". I believe the size is 28"x39".

That is the right size for the vehicle I.D. flags I have seen. I'm the kind of guy that freaks when I see something that is suppose to be over 60 years old and looks this pristine. The white area is so bright white. The quality of manufacture is pretty darn good. I would be cautiously optimistic that it is original WWII era piece.

What's worse is the fact that the white circle is off center, so maybe it was some type
    of banner once, that someone has made into a 'vehicle ID flag'...........

Unless it is very cheap, I'd pass !
    Regards,

Steve.

I would pass on it too....

Not keen on the quality or the size and the grommets.

Cheers, Ade.

Won't be the first time I was wrong. I'd definitely follow Ade's lead. Stay wide of this one!

Jay

BAH! I didnt even notice the off center, I had assumed it was a crease/fold as far as when the guy took the pictures.
    Thought I had some luck.
    Link to the item;
    Mint Vehicle ID Flag (with grommets) - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Well, I didnt want to mention it earlier but I made a major goof... I did send payment already. And only after did I notice some of the questionable flaws.

Quote by Militariasammler View Post
    BAH! I didnt even notice the off center, I had assumed it was a crease/fold as far as when the guy took the pictures.
    Thought I had some luck.
    Link to the item;
    Mint Vehicle ID Flag (with grommets) - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Well, I didnt want to mention it earlier but I made a major goof... I did send payment already. And only after did I notice some of the questionable flaws.
    At that price it will make a good display hung on a wall with some other militaria.

We've all been down this same road at one time or another !

Once you receive it, take some clearer detailed shots and post it again
    for a second evaluation..........
    Regards,

Steve.

<jumped the gun on this one>

So far the entire deal isnt looking to good, from past deals I have always trusted Ade's guidance and when concerning the WAF as far as the moderators go I hold high esteem for Ade over the rest. But I digress, I will most likely try my hand at seeing if he will refund me or provide something as far as his version of proof as to wether or not the flag is authentic as his ad suggests.
    Last edited by Militariasammler; 06-17-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast