Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German - Hungarian Bund pin?

Article about: This pin SUPPOSEDLY is very rare, and worth a lot. I have my doubts because of the lack of a Hakenkreuz. Do you recognize it? For sure it has a Nazi-style eagle. I wonder what the "V&qu

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default German - Hungarian Bund pin?

This pin SUPPOSEDLY is very rare, and worth a lot. I have my doubts because of the lack of a Hakenkreuz. Do you recognize it? For sure it has a Nazi-style eagle. I wonder what the "V" is for? Sieg is spelled with a S On the back are the initials "FCR" and below the sword is "BST" or "B5T". I wonder about how the pin is attached, too. I have never seen WW 2 German pins attached like that. (Of course maybe it is Hungarian manufactured)
    Attached Images Attached Images German - Hungarian Bund pin?  German - Hungarian Bund pin? 

Default Re: German - Hungarian Bund pin?

Hi, it is indeed not a very rare pin, but you are right it was made in Hungary for the members of the Volksbund. It was not allowed in Hungary for an organization to use foreign symbols, in this case the Hackenkreuz . Thats the explonation for the lack of the svastika and I guess you found out already that V stands for Volskbund.
    regards:Jani

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Gurgulya View Post
    Hi, it is indeed not a very rare pin, but you are right it was made in Hungary for the members of the Volksbund. It was not allowed in Hungary for an organization to use foreign symbols, in this case the Hackenkreuz . Thats the explonation for the lack of the svastika and I guess you found out already that V stands for Volskbund.
    regards:Jani
    Does the V stand for Volksbund, or Victoria? I have heard both opinions. You say the pin is not rare. Have you ever seen another one? The guy I got it from told me it was VERY rare - but I guess he could have been bs-ing me.

Hi

It depends on our subjective definition of "rare". I saw a few of this badges and an other variant whit white enameled V. (yearly I used to see about 2-3 of them) I cannot confirm that the V stand for Volksbund, but the old volksbundmembers whom I was met, didn t mention anythight about Victoria. But the veterans said too that the badges were available in small newspaper and tobacco shops.
    Jani

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Gurgulya View Post
    Hi

It depends on our subjective definition of "rare". I saw a few of this badges and an other variant whit white enameled V. (yearly I used to see about 2-3 of them) I cannot confirm that the V stand for Volksbund, but the old volksbundmembers whom I was met, didn t mention anythight about Victoria. But the veterans said too that the badges were available in small newspaper and tobacco shops.
    Jani
    I would say if you only see a few a year they are rare. I personally think the V stands for Volksbund. Victoria sounds like nonsense to me. Thanks for the info.

It stands for Victoria, I also have one in my collection.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German - Hungarian Bund pin?  
    Attached Images Attached Images German - Hungarian Bund pin?