MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting helmet

Article about: Hungarian M35 helmet used by the Finnish army in WW2. According to the vet the thunderbolt was also used by German troops in a coordinated attack with the finns in 1941-44. I havent found an

Jan
    ?

Default Interesting helmet

Hungarian M35 helmet used by the Finnish army in WW2. According to the vet the thunderbolt was also used by German troops in a coordinated attack with the finns in 1941-44. I havent found any helmets with this sign before so it´s time to turn to the forum. The decal is original... but please help me out here if you can.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting helmet   Interesting helmet  

Interesting helmet   Interesting helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Interesting helmet 

Nice helmet and nice to see one in original condition as most you find in Finland are the ones repainted and post war liners

?

Yes, I like these variants. Yours is in VERY great conditionIs this one marked DR or DM? Only Finnish models are marked this way. Otherwise it would just be marked MAVAG (DM for finland) or GY (DR for finland) for the two firms in Budapest,Ungarn (Hungary) , also they had the government seal or crest on ones for use in Hungary, and the size stamp.although they were all technically made in Ungarn . 70,000 were sent to Finland, 35.000 from each firm.
    I can't really comment on the originality of the decals, other than they look nicely aged with patina and appears to be the 'signals' symbol . I think you'll have more luck if you post this on the "ww2 Hungarian helmets" thread started by our resident expert in this particular area of collecting, 'easternwarfront' . thanks for sharing, BTW.
    Dean.

Hi Jan!

This is a nice, original M38 finnish helmet. DR marked, manufactured in Hungary by Gyori Waggon in the city of Gyor. Great condition with original paint and hungarian liner. I have seen this bolt symbol on helmets but the purpose is still unclear so any further explanations are quite speculative. Probably was applied on unit level to express an elite status but finnish helmet insignia is quite confusing and specific so maybe finnish collectors can add more information to this topic.