Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Helmet for Review

Article about: Hi Friends, Im considering to buy this lid: Im aware about the drawstring, but do you see any other red flags on this? All comments are very welcome Thanks in advance Cheers, Mads

Default Italian Helmet for Review

Hi Friends,

Im considering to buy this lid:

Im aware about the drawstring, but do you see any other red flags on this?

All comments are very welcome

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Mads

Default Re: Italian Helmet for Review

it all depends if you are buying it as a WW11 or post-war helmet.

Im usually only interested in wwII period helmets. Was this one issued post-war?

post-war chin strap

The liner (type of leather), chinstrap bales (trapezoidal instead of rectangular) and chinstrap (cloth instead of gray/green leather) are all post-war. I can't judge the vents from the angle of the photos... but I assume the entire helmet is post-war.

i agree with the other guys , cavas chinstrap is a post war feature i believe this to be a post war version of the m33 period ww2 m33's usually have a letter P and number stamped in the rear lip of the shell ,you could always enquire this to find out if it is refurbed ww2 shell
    Regards James

Thank you all, its all I need to know.

Cheers, Mads

Is it possable this is a bulgarian M51/72 they are often mixed up with the italian M33. the lining looks exactly the same as ones I'v seen .

http://https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&v ed=0CE0QFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbrendonshelmets.weeb ly.com%2Fbulgaria-m5172.html&ei=WEtsUZbtCYyUiQeO4YCYBQ&usg=AFQjCNGPG ThEzOuVpYGE_pzmPiwrv563WQ&bvm=bv.45175338,d.aGcI think this may be a bulgarian M51/72 Helmet the liner look exactly the same as others I seen they also get mixed up with the ww2 italian M33 type helmets that they were copied after. Just a guess is all .

?

Here's an original "sleeper" ... found in the bottom of a wardrobe after 60 years ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Helmet for Review   Italian Helmet for Review  

?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Here's an original "sleeper" ... found in the bottom of a wardrobe after 60 years ..
    That is a nice helmet, I wouldn't mind my wife having a bigger wardrobe, if she kept them in the bottom of it.