Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items

Article about: This bag was captured and filled with items by a Marine named Booth. He also took Japanese airplane skin and made bracelets with an Iwo Jima theme. One of 5he books he took off a Japanese so

Default Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items

This bag was captured and filled with items by a Marine named Booth. He also took Japanese airplane skin and made bracelets with an Iwo Jima theme. One of 5he books he took off a Japanese soldier was for coloring and art. The art is very well done in my opinion. This reminds me that there were actual humans on both sides and they wanted to survive and go home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items   Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items  

Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items   Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items  

Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items   Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items  

Iwo Jima bring back items by Marine Japanese items  

A very nice and rather poignant collection of artefacts with good provenance. The sketches are very well done, and I find myself hoping that the Japanese soldier who drew them, managed to survive and get back home to the mother and child in the drawing.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Very interesting grouping. Thanks for sharing.
    John

CBH
    ?

Great group of items, very personal, personal effects.
    Thanks for sharing.

Got to agree with Harry on this group, the drawings are well done. That such images of calm could have been created upon that battlefield is thought provoking indeed.

A very somber grouping that lets you see the humanity of both sides but then the truth of war.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I really like this grouping , thanks for sharing and your thoughts .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Very interesting group of "bring back" items.

Sad in the sense that the Japanese soldier had a talent for drawing, just hope he returned home.

Any names on the bag to identify the soldier?
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 06-19-2018 at 04:21 PM.

The name is stitched in the ditty bag. I am awaiting for a kanji reader to interpret.

MAP
    ?

Very nice and highly personal both from the US vet as well as the Japanese soldier
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast