Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings

Article about: hello everyone, hope your holidays were splendid. i thought if it hasn't been already done, it would be a fun idea to start a an all Axis military documented groupings thread. Here is carrie

Default Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings

hello everyone, hope your holidays were splendid. i thought if it hasn't been already done, it would be a fun idea to start a an all Axis military documented groupings thread.

Here is carrier solider Sergeant Major Athos Gandolfi of the 7th Bersaglieri. Athos took part in the Second Italian Ethiopian War, The Spanish Civil War and World War II. On March 1st 1939, Athos led his men against an enemy position. despite the wounds he received, re rapidly overwhelmed the enemy using grenades. he not only successfully completed his objective, he captured many enemy troops and weapons. for his actions he was awarded the Croce Di Guerra. he was also awarded a Spanish bravery cross and wound medal for his actions.

On January 23rd 1942, the 7th Bersaglieri lands in Tripoli. On April 21st 1942, The Sargent Major and his men find themselves surrounded by the enemy and they are taking casualty's. once again dispte being baldy wounded himself, Athos breaks free of the hold of his enemies but saves the lives of his men. his bravery in the field, his drive beyond the call of duty awarded him the Medal of Valor in Bronze. after spending some time on a hospital ship, he was sent to France.

Once Italy surrendered in September he was called back to arms in the RSI in January of 1944. on July 6th 1944 he was sent back to a hospital and from the rest of his service was constantly in and out. Athos Gandolfi had a wife and son and died in 1947.

I sadly couldn't save the group from being split up by the seller, so i did the best i could to restore it. (warning: Picture heavy) hope you enjoy and contribute.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings   Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings  

Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings   Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings  

Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings   Lets see everyones Axis medal groupings