Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NAD miniature medal

Article about: I came across this unusual miniature medal belonging to the NAD section of the NSB. So I just had to add it to my collection. Purple mini ribbon and mini medal. I believe it to be the miniat

Default NAD miniature medal

I came across this unusual miniature medal belonging to the NAD section of the NSB. So I just had to add it to my collection.
    Purple mini ribbon and mini medal.

I believe it to be the miniature that was worn in place of the full sized sports award.

Comments or opinions welcomed

Doug

NAD miniature medalNAD miniature medalNAD miniature medal

?

This is indeed the miniature sport award of the Nederlandsche Arbeidsdienst. I think it's a nice example too.

Thanks Dschop.
    It is a mini medal I haven't come across before.
    I just need the full sized badge to go with it!

Cheers
    Doug

?

I do not believe there was ever a full sized medal. Shame yours doesn't have the pin attached.
    Nice one anyhow.

Regards,
    Bas

?

I found a book 'Distinctieven der Beweging' and in that book there is an example of a full size sport award. It's the only one I have seen so far

?

Quote by Dschop View Post
    I found a book 'Distinctieven der Beweging' and in that book there is an example of a full size sport award. It's the only one I have seen so far
    I have never seen a full sized one... At least I dont think so
    Do you have a picture of the book or a scan, please?

?

I tried to save the picture on my phone, but it didn't work out. So here is a link: https://books.google.nl/books?id=96J...daille&f=false

Sorry and I hope it works. Look at page 83.

Hello All, thank you for your input.

Bas I'm not too sure it does have a pin attached to the ribbon? I have never seen one with a pin fitting.

I found the full sized award:

NAD miniature medalNAD miniature medal

Pretty low resolution pictures but it gives you and idea what a full sized badge looks like

Cheers
    Doug

?

From what i can read there is a difference. Theyre both sports awards but one can also be gotten by civilians (the one Doug owns). I didnt know this myself but itd probably be something everyone can enter in to and is not exclusive to the NAD. At least thats what I think.

In the quoted book it says that the so called full sized award was for "a year of tests". This is probably a year of physucal fitness tests and thus as it does not say that this award also is civilian id say that this one can be gotten exclusively by NAD members.

Thats what I was able to get from the book. Thank you for the link, too! Ill save that.

?

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello All, thank you for your input.

Bas I'm not too sure it does have a pin attached to the ribbon? I have never seen one with a pin fitting.

I found the full sized award:

NAD miniature medalNAD miniature medal

Pretty low resolution pictures but it gives you and idea what a full sized badge looks like

Cheers
    Doug
    I vaguely remember seeing some with a pin attached... Im probably wrong though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast