Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help ID this Cap Badge....Eagle and Crossed Keys

Article about: Hello. I have scoured the internet and the only other badge of this style was listed on a website that specialized in repro military items. Sadly, there was no mention of its country of orig

Default Please help ID this Cap Badge....Eagle and Crossed Keys

Hello. I have scoured the internet and the only other badge of this style was listed on a website that specialized in repro military items. Sadly, there was no mention of its country of origin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help ID this Cap Badge....Eagle and Crossed Keys   Please help ID this Cap Badge....Eagle and Crossed Keys  

Please help ID this Cap Badge....Eagle and Crossed Keys   Please help ID this Cap Badge....Eagle and Crossed Keys  

The crossed keys is often associated with the Vatican City. See if this matches any of the Guard insignia? I would not know. So just a theory.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,

Thanks for the advice. I tried researching the possible Vatican connection. Looks as if the keys are the most distinct part of this badge. Most of the Vatican related insignia has two keys shaped like the one on the right. I haven't been able to find an eagle that is similar either.....so, the search continues. Thank you again.
    Last edited by Geo3310; 03-01-2018 at 08:57 PM.