Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?

Article about: Hello, Is this Prewar to 1940 Latvian Parade Dagger, made by Carl Eichhorn, 100% original Prewar or early wartime (1940), please ? The photographs have been attached below. Thank you very mu

Default Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?

Hello,
    Is this Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Parade Dagger, made by Carl Eickhorn, 100% original Prewar or Early Wartime (1940), please ?
    The photographs have been attached below.
    Thank you very much, in advance, for your most knowledgable opinions.
    Please let me know as soon as possible.
    Justin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

?

Very bad pictures and it is difficult to say something categorically but it impresses the poor quality of the work, which is not a good sign.

Better close-ups of detail and cortical dimensions will help to identify whether the cortex is an original or a copy.

Default More Photographs

Hello Pesho,
    Here are some more better quality photographs.
    Please let me know what you think, as always, the camera is always more critical than what I saw, when I inspected it myself, after receiving it.
    Thank you very much for your opinion.
    Best Regards
    Justin
    justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Prewar to 1940 Latvian Army Carl Eickhorn Parade Dagger, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

?

Sorry for the late respond.

I do not like the bad workmanship of the metal parts. I think this is a copy.

For comparison - two links with original daggers.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item....ation=Archives

https://www.ratisbons.com/Auctions-a...-Eickhorn.html

Hello Pesho,
    Thank you very much for your knowledgable reply.
    Unfortunately, it looks like it is most likely to be a copy.
    Could you tell me what I should exactly I should measure, to get the cortical dimensions, to prove whether the cortex is an original or a copy, please ?
    Is there an exact measurement number, for the cortex measurement, is this the same as on all the Countries' daggers and swords of this era, please ?
    Best Regards
    Justin
    justin1939

I'm always looking to buy or trade for original rare Prewar and Early Wartime (National, Country of Origin production) Military and Civillian Services militaria, from Central (Polish and Czechoslovakian) and Eastern (also rare rest of the World militaria, from the same era, from the rarer Countries - such as Belgian, Dutch, etc) )Non-Communist (Romania, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Latvia, Lithuanian, Estonia) uniforms (caps, tunics, breeches or trousers, greatcoats, medals, badges, documents. buttons, etc) and equiptment (belts and cross-straps, holsters, document cases, mapcases, gasmask cases, etc), especially officers and those which are sufficiently simular, in my heroic fellow Countrymens' and my Polish Grandfather's memory.