MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slovak Badge of Honor for Service on the Eastern Front

Article about: Just picked this up today. Haven't seen one before in person. A Slovak Badge of Honor for Service on the Eastern Front Issued in bronze and silver grade. Made out of Tombac. Most of finish i

MAP
    ?

Default Slovak Badge of Honor for Service on the Eastern Front

Just picked this up today. Haven't seen one before in person.

A Slovak Badge of Honor for Service on the Eastern Front

Issued in bronze and silver grade. Made out of Tombac. Most of finish is gone on mine so not sure which grade it is. From what I have read, Slovakians who participated on the Eastern Front were awarded this.

Instituted on April 1942 and produced by the Slovak Mint in Kremnica. Inscribed with 22 VI 1941 indicting the date the Slovakian Army participated in the Eastern Front.

Would love to hear all thoughts about this. Are they rare?

Not sure if I should post it here or in the German Badge forums but felt this is the correct place. If wrong have no problems if the Mods move it.

Regards,

Michael

Slovak Badge of Honor for Service on the Eastern FrontSlovak Badge of Honor for Service on the Eastern Front
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I have seen them around, they are not expensive, but i like them alot. They have an very appealing design, and they reminds me of the AntiPartisan badge. First time i saw them i thought they had to be rare as the APB, but no they are not.

Since i do not have any in my pile, i cannot comment on if it is a pre45 edition or a Poland 1993 edition. But it looks good.

These badges are uncommon but not Horribly rare. This one-which is genuine, by the way-is a Silver grade and when they do come up for sale on occasion, they usually run in the $350 or abit more range. The Bronze grade in about a third less...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I only saw one in Brno, 25 years ago.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone!

William, thanks for identifying it as a silver. And while this one has character/wear, I did very well on the price based on these estimates.

Regards

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

a 1st for me.nice badge.

?

Anyone with a original tunic with such a badge attached?? Or a soldbuch with details of this badge??

Anything?

I would say that Any Slovakia WWII era uniform would be rare to find. I have never seen one, myself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I saw one badge over at John (germanwarbooty.com) some time ago, i looked yesterday,- i had plans for sending a PM to MAP. But i couldnt find the badge, so it has most likely been sold.

MAP
    ?

Thanks! I saw that he has had a few in the past. You can find images of them in his archive section.

M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast