Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Article about: Thought i would share one of my favourite recent purchases . A Spanish Foreign Legion Belt Buckle that has been dug up around the Blue Division positions on the Leningrad Front. Im not an ex

Default Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Thought i would share one of my favourite recent purchases . A Spanish Foreign Legion Belt Buckle that has been dug up around the Blue Division positions on the Leningrad Front. Im not an expert on this topic ,and would welcome opinions . Its been cleaned but i think its a faithful dig up . The Russian trader knew it was Spanish Army , but no more. It is the African Army insignia that Franco commanded - am i right ?
    This buckle find leads me to ask the question - to what extent did the Spanish volunteers take with them and wear possibly, items of non German uniform out of allegiance and sentiment to Spain ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0631.jpg 
Views:	1412 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	141378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0632.jpg 
Views:	736 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	141379  

Default Re: Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

first,sorry for my terrible english.yes,you are ok.itīs a officer "legion espaņola" belt buckle.it was very common (and permited ) that spanish soldiers wear belt buckles(the officers) or spanish emblems on his uniforms.

Default Re: Spanish african army belt buckle from blue division positions , leningrad front

Thankyou for your reply . Im pleased it is as i thought . It is interesting the question of what the Blue Division wore with their uniforms. And would be nice to see some photographs of the fact they did this . Viva Espana !

?

What a great find Rob , and an interesting theme , thanks for showing it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...