Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Spanish Helmet

Article about: I was browsing todocoleccion and I came across a listing selling a "Spanish civil war helmet". I had never seen a helmet like it before. The only clue I have towards it's identity

Default Strange Spanish Helmet

I was browsing todocoleccion and I came across a listing selling a "Spanish civil war helmet". I had never seen a helmet like it before. The only clue I have towards it's identity is the fact that it has Spanish rivets and chinstrap buckles. To me it looks like a cut down m26 con ala. I was doing some reading cascos de coleccion and there is a small footnote talking about a prototype Spanish m40 which was merely an m26 without the skirt. Could this be one of those?
    Thanks for reading
    Sorry for the low picture resolution
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Spanish Helmet   Strange Spanish Helmet  

Strange Spanish Helmet   Strange Spanish Helmet  

?

Hello, I'm not sure that is a cut down Trubia but this a great reference for Spanish helmets and others. Browse through other countries and see if it resembles anything. Both sides of the Spanish civil war used numerous different helmets from many countries. BTW did you ever get that m30 you posted awhile back ? I just bought one without a liner and I'll be posting it soon.

Spain M21 Cont. - Brendon's Helmets

Good luck, Al

I was looking through a website that's in Spanish but I came across this. It's an m26 con ala but the skirt is cut. This is the only info I have seen on it. The info is at the bottom but the info is in Spanish ESPAÑOL Z 42
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Spanish Helmet  

BTW I got an m30 without oiner with an enscription of a date.

?

Very interesting, it does look like that m40 prototype that had the skirt removed. The website states that this prototype resembled a Czech m32 and the posterior of a Yugoslavian m44 but that it also eliminated much of the protection the original helmet offered. It also states it was painted in that odd blue green. I'm not sure it ever went into production. Thanks for the interesting link.

?

You should post it if you haven't already. We don't get many Spanish helmets for review.

Here's the pics and inscription. It says 28 del 6 del 37 which is day month and year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Spanish Helmet   Strange Spanish Helmet  

?

Nice helmet ! I'll post mine next week when i get it