Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Tunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SS

Article about: A field tunic for a Hauptsturmführer attached to the 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SS (Ukrainian Nr. 1) Made of field-grey gabardine with dark green contr

Default Tunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SS

A field tunic for a Hauptsturmführer attached to the 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SS (Ukrainian Nr. 1)

Made of field-grey gabardine with dark green contrasting collar, gray-brown imitation silk liner, shoulder boards underlaid with black cloth. One collar tab with machine-embroidered Galician lions and continuous silver cord, the other with rank designation and braid worked through in black as well as continuous silver cord. The left sleeve with a sewn-on cuff title of the "Totenkopf" Division in hand-embroidered officer issue, above which is the sleeve eagle in likewise hand-embroidered officer issue and a woven Galician sleeve shield, the lower half of the left breast pocket with hand-embroidered SS runes on a field-grey background (as an "ethnic German" the Hauptsturmführer was entitled to wear the runes on his uniform), the right sleeve with an "old fighter" chevron. With a sewn-in Iron Cross buttonhole ribbon, affixed General Assault Badge (silvered fine zinc issue) and a Wound Badge in Gold (gilt non-ferrous metal) as well as numerous orders loops. In used condition, light moth traces. The tunic comes from an Austrian estate and has never been in the hands of a collector, all insignia are original hand-stitched. Most likely, this represents a unique opportunity to obtain an authentic field tunic of a Totenkopf Division Hauptsturmführer who was attached in a supporting role with the Grenadier Division "Galicia". Among other assignments, the division was engaged in the Balkans, Poland and Czechoslovakia as well as on the Eastern Front. Perhaps the former owner of the tunic can be determined by researching photographic source material.

Condition: II
    Estimate:
    €25,000

Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus fr Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstcke
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Re: Tunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SS

Very interesting tunic.I wish i had that kind of money knocking about.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

I am shivering when i see this interesting item

?

Hi, You may be interested in these photos. They show a rally in 1993Tunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SSTunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SSTunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SSTunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SSTunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SSTunic 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division "Galizien" of the Waffen-SS of The 1st Ukrainian National Army in the UK,previously known as 14th Waffen SS.The other two are of their Band and a Ukrainian independance parade outside the german kommandantur building in Lvov 1941.

Hi Alex
    Thanks for posting superb pics.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

my little contribution

@+, hughes

?

A lovely piece thanks for the photos gents. Cheers Terry.