Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

These propaganda pamplets are interesting. I wonder how many different that were made.

?

Here is a nice little piece of insignia i was so lucky to include into my collection some time ago.

A DON em or nco capbadge.
    Attached Images Attached Images Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA 

?

Most of the propaganda pamplets where controlled and distributed by the germans, as far as I know almost none are distributed behind soviet lines by the ROA.

?

Nice Capbadge Trond !!
    I have a complete field cap of the Don cossack with capbadge, bought it in France where they found it.
    Will take a look where it is and make some pictures of it.

?

Found it !
    Here is the cap with Don cossack capbadge. It is made from partly german and dutch wool. Colour differences are not that clear on the pictures.

By the way. Merry Christmas !!

?

Thanks

Yes i would very much like to see your cap Frei. I had a opertunity to buy one some time ago- but i foolish said no because i had to take a loan to afford it. I cant understand how i could turn down the offer.

Edit: I posted when you uploaded the photos.

Fantastic cap!!!!! It is everything a collector can dream of.

?

They are not that offen seen but I can understand that you did'nt buy it. Last year I didn't buy a cossack kubanka with a armshield in it from the RONA (Kaminski Brigade) ORIGINAL !!
    But the seller did ask a lot of money and I collect only if I can affort it. It is just a hobby for me, not like many years ago a ''must have it''.
    Sadly I did'nt buy it but again I could pay my bills !! Also important.
    Your Don capbadge is a little differant than mine. I believe that yours is a bit older. Maybe WW1 origin ?

?

I have seen these models on kubankas. Here you see the splinters, looks like made for placing on a flat surface, like on a kubanka.

The model you have are attached with thread, and therefor a better construction.

The seller of this badge gave the following information: This insignia is shown on Foreign Legions of the Third Reich by David Littlejohn, Volume 4, page 290

I dont have this book, maybe you have it?
    Attached Images Attached Images Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA 

?

No I don't have it, but a friend of mine has it.
    I have a few books where these capbadge are shown but never the backside. Thanks for the pictures !

I was checking my pictures and found this one.
    Did'nt noticed it before but take a look at the insignia on this man's uniform.

?

Finally i found this photo in my archive. This is as you can see soldiers wearing similar "gefreiter" insignia on the chest. Here we also can see a sleeveshield of some sort. I do not know anything else around these uniforms, but i have saved the photo hoping for an answer one day.

The photo is taken from a "Signal". I cant remember what edition at the momentsince i am half a world away from my collection.

PS I uploaded the photos in big size so you can study the details.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA   Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast