Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

I know the picture but did not notice the insignia before. I believe that they are from the aserbaidschan legion. Somewhere I saw this picture with the caption that it are aserbaidschan soldiers. But I have to say it is not clear.

?

Here a strange sleeveshield from the Kuban cossacks. It is a painted version. The cotton is correct but I did not know that there where painted versions. Maybe locally made ??
    Opions are welcome, maybe someone saw similair ones before.

?

No i have not any info regarding this Painted version. The first i think of is a poor copy, but then we know weird insignias were sometimes used by these volunteers.

?

I know what you mean, have it several years in my collection but never saw a similair one.
    For me this is still a question. Original or Fake ?
    I don't know ! Saw a lot of non standard items over the years, items you can't compare with other ones simply cause there are none or almost none.
    For me personnely I like these items. Brings many questions and possible research.

?

Shaska Sword ROA

Marked 1944 and ID600 (Inf.Div.600 - 1st ROA division)
    All sowjet markings are deleted. Sword itself is a little shorter (heavy usage) and doesn't fit in the scabbard cause it is not straight anymore.

?

Wow Frei! That is a one of a kind shaska. I have not seen marked swords before.

It is truly Fantastic, can you please share som details where and how you got this gem????

This collection is possibly one of the most impressive I've seen. I am a World War Two Reenactor who portrays a Kuban Cossack in the 360. Kosaken Grenadier Regiment.

Your photos have given me invaluable information on this subject, and I thank you for that.

I am looking for a good book to read on the subject, can anyone recommend one? I'm specifically looking for any books/stories written by any surviving Cossacks. If there's any such literature out there, please PM me or post it!

Other than that, AMAZING, AMAZING, collection. I cannot say it enough.

Thank you very much gentlemen for posting this!

Frank
    Last edited by Franz20; 01-13-2014 at 06:31 PM.

?

Thanks Trond,
    A friend of mine found it in Germany, he called me and I made an offer and was the owner of it.
    Was about 3 years ago. Some time ago was also a shaska from the Kaminski brigade for sale, also in Germany, this time on the internet. Did not buy it for several reasons but I have some pictures of it. On that one are also the soviet symbols deleted.

?

Thanks Frank,
    Very nice to hear that you like the items shown here.
    Take a quick look on the internet but could only find a few pictures on a forum about the reenactors of the 360. Kosaken Grenadier Regiment. Is there a web site ?
    There are some books of the ww2 cossacks in the german army. Don't know what you have.
    It is hard to find any information. A book I like is the following, full with pictures of uniforms, caps etc. ;

If there is one written by a survivor I don't know.
    Thanks again for your reply.
    Don't know all but if I can help you with anything just ask.

This is our groups website.

360 Kosaken Grenadier

We have this book, it is an EXCELLENT source of pictures. I was hoping for a good read perhaps like a biography or some 1st person accounts of cossack volunteers.

Frank

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast