Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

Yeees, look at that one, Nice!! these trousers are indeed very dark in colour. Very interesting item.. How many mm wide is the red stripe Frei?

I see the stripe on yours starts at the same hight as others.

I am comparing with three other pants in my photo archive, and i see your stripe is stopping abit higher from the end of the leg than the ones i have photo of. (have not permission to show those photos public by owner- sorry.)

But these trousers is most interesting to study.

You have a treasure here Sir. Thank you a million times for showing them.

?

Thanks, these pants are indeed very hard to find. I am very happy that I have one in my collection. The red stripe is about 4 cm wide. Due the flash the colour of the pants seems to be blue/grey on the pictures, but in reality the pants are black.
    I also have another one but that is a russian brown wool pants that are used by eastern volunteers.

?

Here are some pictures from the russian brown wool trousers used by the eastern troops. Found this one in Germany. Parts of the russian makers stamps can still be seen.

?

The brown ones are are very interesting trousers as well.

Makes me happy to see there still exists trousers that has been used by these soldiers. I can imagine it wasnt so healthy to be wearing a pair of striped volunteer trousers if the bolsjeviks caught you.

So most worn examples are most likely buried with the unlucky owner, or hurrily replaced before the end.

?

Yes the most eastern volunteers that taken prisoners by the red army are directly shot. The americans and british are also not clean in this matter. They shipped a lot of eastern volunteer POW's to russia where they sometimes have been shot in front of the brittish or american navy soldiers.

So far some short history ; here you have 2 pictures of the same trouser combined with a turkistan jacket.

?

Impressive setup Frei.

I have no Turkistan jackets myself, so it is really nice to see this rare bird. I notice there are no EM collartabs on the jacket, has there been any in the past- or has it been used like this by its owner?

?

Thanks again, I have all together about 14 jackets of which are 5 100% untouched and complete. The most jacket you will find do have no collartabs and armshield. They all have been removed.
    Some you will find with only the collartabs and a breast eagle or only the armshield but these are less common.
    This jacket I have restored a little. I could see on the arm that a armshield was attached and all buttons where lost. I replaced a Original turkistan armshield (most likely due the form) and original buttons. I thinks that there have been no collartabs, no traces of them, so I didn't place them on this jacket.

?

That is a lot of jackets.!

Hope to see some more of your treasures sometime in the future frei. You have a very interesting collection of militaria.

?

Quote by frei View Post
    Here are some pictures of the cossack pants. I told you before that it is from a converted dutch pants but now when I see it again I believe it is an Original russian pants.
    One of the inside pockets seems to be repaired with a lighter part of cotton.

Attachment 566621
    Attachment 566622
    Attachment 566623
    Attachment 566624
    Attachment 566625
    Attachment 566626
    Attachment 566627
    They surely look Russian/Soviet to me

Regards, Lars

?

You're right Lars it is an original russian cossack pants, also used by the eastern volunteers.

That is a lot of jackets.!

Hope to see some more of your treasures sometime in the future frei. You have a very interesting collection of militaria.

A part of my collection is already on a dutch forum, of course I can make a topic overhere.
    Here is an picture from an jacket from my old collection. Sadly enough I had to sell it through circumstances. Later on I tried to get it back but it seems that this jacket is rebuild to an 1940 dutch tunic !!!!
    Sadly enough are there people who destroy a part of history to get money. An ''original'' dutch wool jacket is very expensive over here. I never again found such an armshield.
    The breaseagle (hoheitsabzeichen) was partly destroyed.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast