Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Article about: by TrondK There must be some jackets out there with the "volunteer-eagle/symbol" on the chest. I have somewhere a picture of a drillich jacket with original volunteer eagle, it was

?

I have never seen this decal before. Do you have any photos of decal in use, or original helmets with decal applied?

No, never seen anything like this before neither on helmets nor on period pics. I found this accidently in an old envelope among other decals and period documentation dated 1942 and 1943. I did not have a clue as well about what sort of insignia this could be. Based on the documents it could be a private purchase from Germany. Experienced forum members have suggested cossaks decal and insignia. Probably a one of a kind example, it seems that HJ produced not only spanish, french and croatian volunteer decals but eastern volunteer/cossak helmet decals too.

Hello all,

Here is a most interesting cap that I recently picked up. I believe this is ROA/POA.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA   Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA   Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA   Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

?

Reminds me of a altered Norwegian Model 1914 w cockade. I include a pic from a member here i quickly borrowed the pic online.
    Attached Images Attached Images Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA 

?

Long time ago......but here I am again with a new post.
    What about this one ?
    Never seen before and I cannot find any info anywhere.
    Decal is painted and look all together it looks old. Could be Original but no info on pictures, books and as far as I know on the internet. Maybe someone has seen something like this before ?

?

Well i have never seen any like it on photos or similar in collections, Since the shield is made privately it comes down to a leap of faith as you know, These days there are scary good fakes so here your experience as a collector of the Ostvolk units may aid you when you are having it in hand.

Yes i believe it is possible a soldier was bored sitting around doing very little and decided to paint a ROA shield instead of having the eagle there, but i cannot tell if this example is good or not since i have zero knowledge around such ROA decals.

I hope it is a original example of Russian history

?

Default Need help identifing thsi ROA? uniform

Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POAUniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA

Are they the same uniform and the ROA one.. what rank would that be.. any idea of date or where it might have been taken
    many thanks

Here are a couple of uniform removed cossack shields i have in my collection.
    I thought it would contribute well to this thread.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA   Uniforms and insignia for Cossack and ROA/POA  

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627