MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown badge with swastika and bomber

Article about: Hi all, I'm having trouble identifying a badge that I came across, any ideas? It was bought in Crete, I've got no idea whether it's real or not.

Default Unknown badge with swastika and bomber

Hi all,
    I'm having trouble identifying a badge that I came across, any ideas?
    It was bought in Crete, I've got no idea whether it's real or not.

Unknown badge with swastika and bomberUnknown badge with swastika and bomber

Hello I do believe it's a fantasy badge attributed to the luftshutz organization (observers badge or similar). I cannot find one I would consider period original, as the item looks crudely made and lacks detail, and has a forced faux patina about it. Nor can I locate an example of the makers mark. Note similar example (same reverse markings) I posted with ill fated coffin pin attachment plate. Welcome to the forum. Best regards.

Brian

Nazi items, Nazi art

Unknown badge with swastika and bomber
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-18-2017 at 03:06 AM.

A more informative earlier thread discussing these badges and variants of. Best regards

Brian

"Reichs luftschutz" pins

?

Hello, I own one of those badges and I believe I vetted it on this website a few years ago and was told it was original. Mine does not have the coffin pin. I was always under the impression this was a legitimate Lufschutz badge. Any thoughts ?

Lol ok so apparently they were a period manufactured badge (not fantasy). Yours however I still believe to be a copy for the same reasons I previously stated. Supposedly an original one from attached forum discussion thread.

Brian

?

Thanks Brian, I read the link after I had already posted my question and pictures.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Hello, I own one of those badges and I believe I vetted it on this website a few years ago and was told it was original. Mine does not have the coffin pin. I was always under the impression this was a legitimate Lufschutz badge. Any thoughts ?

Hello Aldo, the plot thickens. Your badge is more convincing as far as an original item, as far as I'm concerned. My problem is the makers mark I cannot find another like it (not that I ve researched it in depth) but also it's placement in conjunction with ges gesh mark is irregular imo. Would a manufacturer cover up their logo partially with the attachment plate? Why not plan for that. Another aspect worth considering is timeframe, it would suggest these to be transitional pieces being dual marked circa 34 pre RZM? Is it luftshutz, reichs luftschutz, or luftwaffe. If luftwaffe (military) would they ever be RZM marked? Why do so few of them appear? Alot of mis-information on these badges it would appear. Could you please post a link to the thread where your badge was discussed? Thanks. Best regards.

Brian

Images of badge/awards makers marks from germandaggers.com. Realizing this may not be/is a complete list, but could this maker be so obscure and that they only manufactured this one badge? It's a curiosity. I would certainly welcome someones opinion more familiar with these badges. Best regards.

Brian

?

I don't think it was discussed in detail as in this thread, but rather as a group. I will try to find the thread to see if it has anything to add to the discussion. You do make a valid point about the makers mark and it's placement. Thanks again !

Another article of some interest pertaining to these badges. I am only curious as to why there are so limited period photograhs of said badge in wear, compared to the numbers on the badges reverses? I would assume they correspond to membership numbers or production numbers?

Flugmeldedienst Helferinnen - Germany: Third Reich: Organisational Membership Badges & Tinnies - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast