Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What are these, please?

Article about: Hi, While i like to think i know a fair bit about Allied kit, i know nothing about Axis bits. here are four items donated to the RMARG museum in the last few years- what can you tell me abou

ILH
    ?

Default What are these, please?

Hi,

While i like to think i know a fair bit about Allied kit, i know nothing about Axis bits.
    here are four items donated to the RMARG museum in the last few years- what can you tell me about them (full names and nomenculture please- making labels!)

The badge with the ship on it says 'Seefahrt 1st Not' 'Tag der deutchen' 'Seefahrt 25 26 5 1935'.

cheers,
    Jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these, please?   What are these, please?  

Default Re: What are these, please?

Hi Jim, here you go:

The plate is a standard Luftwaffe issue mess hall item. "FLUV" markings stand for Flieger Unterkunft Verwaltung (Flight Barracks Administration)

The Stalhelm badge is a membership badge for that organisation of WW1 German Veterans.

The other badge is a so called "Tinnie" day badge. Sold in aid of the German sea fairing day. See here for more detail:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...y-badge-15467/

The booklet is a fund raising item (one of a series about Knight's Cross winners,others being listed on the back cover) sold in aid of the Nazi Winter Hilfs Werk (WHW) winter charity for the "Tag der Wehrmacht" (Armed Forces day) event in the War-winter 1942/43.

Cheers, Ade.

ILH
    ?

Default Re: What are these, please?

Cheers Ade,

you've come up with the goods again.
    thanks, jim.