Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What are these, and who wore them? Spanish?

Article about: Hello, I bought these a while ago, put them away and forgot about them. I was told these are Spanish civil war era, however I have no idea. It looks to me like they used to be red at one tim

Default What are these, and who wore them? Spanish?

Hello,
    I bought these a while ago, put them away and forgot about them. I was told these are Spanish civil war era, however I have no idea. It looks to me like they used to be red at one time, however they are so brittle, looks like its flaking apart, also, appears to be metal, diamond under the fabric. Sorry, about the crappy pictures. Thanks guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these, and who wore them? Spanish?   What are these, and who wore them? Spanish?  

What are these, and who wore them? Spanish?  

I believe the Spanish ID is correct. Red color on back of center one is closer to original appearance. NH

I believe them all to be of this color, just badly corroded. Thank you, any more info, would be greatly appreciated. Like what timw of soldier, rank, anything, thanks.

Just from the research online via Google, I believe the 2nd badge, the grenade, to be of, "artillery," unit. The 3rd, tp be of an, "engineering," unit. I have no idea what that first symbol is even? Where these would have been worn? Or anything else for that matter, lol.