Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...

Article about: Hi all, I picked this up in a lot with about 10 other WW2 daggers, mostly TR. It looks good to me, but I mainly collect TR so I wanted to run it by the forum for confirmation. Also, what's u

?

Default Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...

Hi all,

I picked this up in a lot with about 10 other WW2 daggers, mostly TR. It looks good to me, but I mainly collect TR so I wanted to run it by the forum for confirmation. Also, what's up with the red tones on this? Is that normal?

Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect German Daggers.

Default Re: Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...

Hi Dzyner,

It appears that these daggers are rare, and consequently copied. Here's a link to what to look out for; it's a bit of a minefield, but you do have the dagger in hand which is a major advantage.

Hungary - WW2 Air Force Dress Daggers - WW2: Axis Forces Militaria - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Didn't know they were copied as well!
    Good to know!
    Thanks for pointing it out.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanks for the link Ned. I came across that same site in my searches, but would still like to hear from some Hungarian dagger collectors and get their opinions. From what I've read on that site though, mine looks like a good Kozak example when comparing it to the examples posted by Janos. What do you think Ned?

Hi Dzyner,

I can't claim to know anything about these daggers other than what I've read in the link above. I agree yours looks right, the only thing I'm not sure about in the photo's you show is the smooth release button, the others appear cross hatched in style. Yet on page 2 there are a couple in the second photo down that MAY be smooth like yours. Like I said, it's a bit of a minefield...

Why not join there and post your dagger, it's free and may be worth your while?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, I thought about posting on that thread, but I believe the last post was two years ago I still may give it a shot though.

Regarding the button, I saw what you're referring to. I'm curious if maybe the cross hatch simply rubbed away from the years of use? Possible I guess. I'll post it to that thread and see if I get any feedback.