Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Axis Cap Insignia ?

Article about: Hello Does anybody know what this insignia is? I have looked everywhere. Thank you Tony

?

Default WW2 Axis Cap Insignia ?

Hello
    Does anybody know what this insignia is?
    I have looked everywhere.
    Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Axis Cap Insignia ?   WW2 Axis Cap Insignia ?  

Not sure of the country of origin, but the jagged arrows were used in the insignia of various countries to indicate a radio operator or similar position. Going on the wings, I'm going to guess it relates to some aspect of a country's air force. The 'H.H.A' may hold the key to figuring out exactly what it is. Whatever it is, I'm sure it isn't German. It might not even be Axis. A very odd piece!

Regards, B.B.

The central shield is very similiar to the coat-of-arms of the city of Hamburg (with the two towers replaced by the two "H"s and the gate replaced by the "A").

I'm pretty sure there is a connection to that city and that one "H" of the acronym stands for "Hamburg".

Wings and bundles of lightning bolts were also often used as symbols in connection with electrified streetcars and railways; perhaps it is a cap badge from a public transport operator?

Hah; found it!

It's the logo for the "Hamburger Hochbahn AG" (HHA):

Hamburger Hochbahn - Wikipedia

HOCHBAHN >> U-Bahn und Bus im Nahverkehr in Hamburg

?

Hello

Thank you so much
    You guys are amazing.
    Here are the other insignia that came with it.
    I thought they were Reichsbahn collar insignia
    Thanks again
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Axis Cap Insignia ?  

The bottom badge is of the design as used as a collar patch device by the Reichsbahn from 1935 to 1941. (The 1935 model came in 70 mm and 58 mm sizes for two different collar patch sizes depending on the garment on which they were worn. In 1936, this was standardized to a new 45 mm size.)

The top one is a typical collar patch device for Tram personnel.

A little addendum, just for the sake of completeness. Here is a snapshot of the present-day Hochbahn logo, taken at Hamburg two weeks ago:

WW2 Axis Cap Insignia ?
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-11-2019 at 07:16 AM.