Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Bulgarian M16???

Article about: I bought this helmet today,i've always wanted a Bulgarian M16 so i got it.Condition is salty,the markings are not visible,the size compared to my m40 and m42 is 64. The guy gave me a backgro

?

Default WW2 Bulgarian M16???

I bought this helmet today,i've always wanted a Bulgarian M16 so i got it.Condition is salty,the markings are not visible,the size compared to my m40 and m42 is 64.
    The guy gave me a background story,the helmet was kept as a reserve in an armory after WW2,and he got it form there.
    Obviously it was refitted at some point,but i don't know when.I've seen at least 10 different type of refitted m16,but not like this.
    I'm only guessing it was done during ww2,so if anyone has a different opinion I'm all years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Bulgarian M16???   WW2 Bulgarian M16???  

WW2 Bulgarian M16???   WW2 Bulgarian M16???  

MAP
    ?

Thanks for showing. I don't know squat about Bulgarian helmets so nice to see this. If I remember correctly, these we imported from Germany as well as Austria. Correct?

Besides the fact that this was purchased in your home country, how do you tell if it is Bulgarian?

I do have another question if you don't mind. Looking at this from a cell phone so a bit hard to see all the details. But is there pitting on the inside? Could this be a relic that has been restored? Once again looking at pics from a phone so I could be seeing things that aren't there.

Sorry but can't help with the liner issue.

Also sorry for the questions.

Thanks and Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks for showing. I don't know squat about Bulgarian helmets so nice to see this. If I remember correctly, these we imported from Germany as well as Austria. Correct?

Besides the fact that this was purchased in your home country, how do you tell if it is Bulgarian?

I do have another question if you don't mind. Looking at this from a cell phone so a bit hard to see all the details. But is there pitting on the inside? Could this be a relic that has been restored? Once again looking at pics from a phone so I could be seeing things that aren't there.

Sorry but can't help with the liner issue.

Also sorry for the questions.

Thanks and Regards

Michael
    Of course i don't mind you asking these logical questions,thats why i posted it here.
    Well i've got no idea if its Bulgarian or not,its just a guess.
    Yes they did import them both from Germany and Austria.
    Yes there is a pitting on the inside,and that worried me a bit,but i don think it's a restored relic,because normally they used some sort of a paste underneath the paint which is missing here,and the shell looks solid.(As i said i believe the story that its from an armory).
    MY guess its from poor storage,but i could be wrong.
    The liner is a big mistery to me as well as the greyish green paint...
    We've got some sun light today i'm gonna make a few better photos and post them.
    Regards,
    Emanuil.

?

Well 10 minutes of cleaning it,and what do you know the helmet turned up to be green.
    And the sun light shows all even the markings which are ET64.So now i'm sure it's ww2 reissue at least for the shell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Bulgarian M16???   WW2 Bulgarian M16???  

MAP
    ?

Thanks! Sure there will be others along. Hopefully they can provide info on the liner. Nice to see that you ID'ed the maker and size.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello,

One reworked Bulgarian M16.

BR,

Alex

WW2 Bulgarian M16???
    WW2 Bulgarian M16???
    WW2 Bulgarian M16???
    WW2 Bulgarian M16???
    WW2 Bulgarian M16???
    WW2 Bulgarian M16???

Yes, that liner is like the ones in the Bulgarian M36, and in converted Adrians.
    Cheers,
    Tony

WW2 Bulgarian M16???WW2 Bulgarian M16???