Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Bulgarian M1936 uniform

Article about: I have been away from the hobby the past few months,but yesterday a friend of mine gave me a call and i jumped right back in it. He told me he found a uniform,he sent me the pictures,and i k

?

Default WW2 Bulgarian M1936 uniform

I have been away from the hobby the past few months,but yesterday a friend of mine gave me a call and i jumped right back in it.
    He told me he found a uniform,he sent me the pictures,and i knew i had to have it!
    The uniform came directly from a veterans family there for it should be unmolested.
    Unfortunately the family didn't know the story or the name of the officer it belonged to...I only knew it came from Samokov city.
    The uniform itself is a M1936 winter model,that belonged to a lieutenant-colonel from the infantry.
    The condition is a bit poor,with a lot of tears and moth bites.
    There are also some repairs to it,that i believe are period done.
    When i was going thru the pockets(like i always do) apart from the dirt i also found a small strange looking mineral(its quartz )
    which i think adds a bit of a story to the uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Bulgarian M1936 uniform   WW2 Bulgarian M1936 uniform  

WW2 Bulgarian M1936 uniform   WW2 Bulgarian M1936 uniform  

Last edited by Ripper; 01-27-2020 at 10:39 AM.

MAP
    ?

This is a beautiful tunic as I said. I think these are very classy. Definite German influence but with it's own distinctive flair. Nice high rank too!

Of course these don't get the forums attention like a German tunic would but that is too bad because it is so nice.

Bravo! Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for posting.

Martin

MAP
    ?

Came back for a second look. Needless to say. I'm really like this design!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)