Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Croatian dagger?

Article about: This is up for sale at a local shop. The seller said he believes its ww2 era Croatian, is this correct? I've never seen one before.This is at The same place I got my youth knife from. These

?

Default WW2 Croatian dagger?

This is up for sale at a local shop. The seller said he believes its ww2 era Croatian, is this correct? I've never seen one before.This is at The same place I got my youth knife from. These are the only pictures I have at the moment and I hope they will help. Can I get some feedback on this? Thanks,
    Dean.
    -update-
    It reminds me of the German navy dagger. The one Dr73 just posted spurred me to post this. It looks similar In style as the Alcoso.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Croatian dagger?   WW2 Croatian dagger?  

WW2 Croatian dagger?   WW2 Croatian dagger?  

WW2 Croatian dagger?  

Default Re: WW2 Croatian dagger?

Croatian? Well.....Sort of. It's an early pre-WWII Royal Yugoslavian Police or Government dagger. Since Croatia was a Part of Royal Yugoslavia at the time, it is Sort of a Croatian dagger... It was made in Solingen Germany by the famous Alcoso company and is quite loosely modeled on the German naval dagger. The eagle on the scabbard is the Royal Yugoslavian Eagle. I Believe that it's likely missing the little red felt disk, but then again most of the ones that you see are. It's still a respectable dagger with decent enough value, but if you're hoping for a Mod 41 Ustasha knife or something similar, this is close, but no cigar!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks for the quick and informative reply, William. I wish it was Ustasha! The asking price is $500 if I remember correctly. I'm wondering if this is a good price or is it very rare and worth it?

The prices being asked for these Yugoslavians are all over the boards. You'll see as high as $1500-1800 or even more, but realistically, they're more in the $500 range your seller is asking. Alot of money to tie up into a piece that will just sit there in your collection if you don't really collect such stuff. Personally, I'd see how firm the guy is on it and if you can get it for under $400, it would be decent enough. Remind the guy that it isn't paying the rent just sitting there in a glass case and you're offering him Cash money in his hand. You never know...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks again. That's sounds like a good idea, although I'm not very big on pre war axis items. I'd rather get the fighting knife in the case next to this one, and it's much less expensive. As mentioned, I already snatched up the early HJ in the case.

These dagger is Kindom of Yugoslavia police dagger - produced in Germany by ACS.
    They are also used in the NDH, adding Croatian checkerboard, instead SHS royal eagle.

Nordland
    Last edited by Nordland14; 08-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Photos of this type of dagger.
    This type of dagger was used by gendarmerie of NDH.
    (Photos are not my property)

Nordland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Croatian dagger?   WW2 Croatian dagger?  

Last edited by Nordland14; 08-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.

?

Nice example nordland...I can see the Croatian shield on the scabbard...what do you make of the shield on the one Dean posted?

I'm afraid that not understand your question?

Nordland