MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!

Article about: Hey Guys - the main reason I'm posting this - a few moths back, someone here asked me to show him a WW2 Hungarian made "Jerry" can - thinking; since I live in Hungary, there might

?

Default WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!

Hey Guys - the main reason I'm posting this - a few months back, someone here asked me to show him a WW2 Hungarian made "Jerry" can - thinking; since I live in Hungary, there might be plenty around...

Well, I was stumped... In the almost of 4 years of collecting, I only saw one of those on sale, and even that one was in poor condition. Also, there is very little information out-there regarding Hungarian WW2 gear, ref. pics, etc.
    So when I saw this (see pics) one in such of good condition (80-90% of original paint still remains, no rust, holes or welding, etc.) I had to bid on it... (eventually I won it for 80 EU)

As you can see, it looks like the early "X" type 20L German jerry with the typical yellowish/green Hungarian field-paint of that time from the 1930s until 1945 (Also the Hungarian M35 helmets were painted the same green.) The maker is "FÜLEK" - the factory which also made the Hungarian M1935 alu canteens, among other field-gear. The serial number is: 25

A very lucky & rare find (for me anyway) - I would take this can over any other SS, etc. cans...

The pics (from the seller) - when it arrives, I'll take more pics if I find other markings...

Cheers,
    Fabe

WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!

...and just for reference; the Hungarian M35 helmet paint:
    WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!
    Last edited by Fabe; 01-03-2015 at 12:44 AM.

well done.

Interesting can thank you for showing

?

Very interesting, hadn't heard of these before!