Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Article about: Wow- very impressive collection. My 1st Hungarian Combat helmet is in no where this mint condition but I am very happy to have it in my collection. It's a MÁVAG 66, still has liner band and

They should save the photos of this helmet so that people can see what an actual wired helmet Looks like for real. There have been so many wired helms suddenly popping up, and they look Nothing like this real one does.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Interesting helmet indeed. Note the unusual rear loop, has been hastily attached by using a single piece of metal probably done on unit or depot level. Not the standard 35M style loop what MAVAG used at factory level refurbishment of old ww1 stocks. Nicely overpainted in field green outside and on inner skirt too.
    This is a MAVAG64 35M helmet with multiple overpaints and a field replaced berndorfer M17 liner but 35M style D-rings. Interestingly all the 3 liner retaining rivets are berndorfer rear ones.

And a wired+camo 35M.

?

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    Nice one! Where did you find it? Russia?
    Through this helmet I started my hungarian ww2 collection. Found it by a dutch helmet collector. He was collecting german helmets and had this one just because it's shape was similair as a german one. After a few years of asking he finally sold it to me. I believe that it is now about 15 years in my collection.

?

Another m35 MAVAG 64
    Probaly not original painting ?

ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets
    ww2 Hungarian helmets

Nice helmet, painting is original but postwar since it is a 47M (49M) Tildy helmet. Kossuth crest on the front indicating usage in the 1956 uprising against the soviet occupation and communism. I have an identical GY66 helmet with the same Kossuth crest stencilled on the front and there are some existing 50Ms too with the same insignia.

Interesting hungarian helmet with the hungarian royal crown on the front. MAVAG66, factory reissued civil defense bluegrey helmet, originally was army greenbrown. The useage of this insignia is still unkown.

GY64 hungarian helmet. Very well preserved, alu chinstrap buckle.

Rare hungarian grey camo helmet. MAVAG64. Brush applied camo paint of textured, medium grey. Owner's initials are visible inside and the soldier's fingerprints aswell as he touched the vet paint.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast