MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

ww2 Hungarian helmets

Article about: Wow- very impressive collection. My 1st Hungarian Combat helmet is in no where this mint condition but I am very happy to have it in my collection. It's a MÁVAG 66, still has liner band and

?

Wonderful photos. You have an impressive collection Sir.

(( What do you use to fertilize in your garden? ))

Dear fellow collectors!
    This time I would like to show this special helmet here. You know my obsession towards hungarian helmets so I couldn't let it go. A recent purchase, I had been making offers for 3 years but finally I managed to get it. MÁVAG64 35M combat helmet, brass chinstrap buckle. Shell is correctly maker marked, has a KÁB acceptance stamp and a hardening test symbol aswell, in this case a rounded 12. The liner shows moderate wear but a bit fragile which is quite common with hungarian liners. Maybe the poor quality of the leather or the shearing impact of the metal band is the reason but this is typical. Interesting subdued camo paint with different colors which was hastily applied maybe with a rag or brush. No owner's name visible. Clearly had a dark grey overpaint outside and on the inner skirt. Most likely it was a grey camouflage which had been removed before the application of subdued colors. Probably the season changed or the soldier reached a different environment. A real combat vet from the eastern front! Hope you like it!

Fantastic Helmet,well worth the three years trying to obtain it,the camo is awesome and very striking indeed,well done and another to add to your committed collection of these sometimes over looked Helmets.............

So different hungarian helmets.

?

Looks great.

?

Really nice helmets, fantastic specialized collection

Here is a interesting Finnish army used one I have and the owner has made a makeshift liner out of a German ww2 helmet liner and there are traces of white paint showing under the green paint from winter war use
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Hungarian helmets   ww2 Hungarian helmets  

ww2 Hungarian helmets   ww2 Hungarian helmets  

And another Finnish used Helmet I have
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Hungarian helmets   ww2 Hungarian helmets  

Nice finnish-hungarian helmets.

Thank you , i will try to find the other 2 i have out and take some photos

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast