Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Hungarian M1939 ski set

Article about: Hi All - Just got this item - something I don't see very often, at least not in this complete condition. It's a Hungarian M1939 ski pair, as used by the mountaineer troops (see last referenc

?

Default WW2 Hungarian M1939 ski set

Hi All -

Just got this item - something I don't see very often, at least not in this complete condition. It's a Hungarian M1939 ski pair, as used by the mountaineer troops (see last reference photo I attached). These mountaineers were actually trained by Finnish army, to get used to a winter warfare.

Looks to be in good condition, all leather straps are still intact. (which is rare, usually they are either missing all together or ripped)

Unfortunately, no poles...

I'll post more about this, when I receive the item. I'll have a question under the photos.

WW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski set

OK, and here's a question...
    I also just saw this item - it's some kind of (according to the seller) WW2 "military ski protector" - I try to google this, no results, maybe if I knew the proper name for it. So the question:

Is this really WW2? What army used this? I saw no markings (on the photos). So if anyone know anything about it, do let me know... I'm thinking about getting it.

WW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski set

I don't what the market value of these - I won the skis for 48 EU and these protectors are around 10 EU.

Here is the reference photo of Hungarian moutaineer troops of WW2:

WW2 Hungarian M1939 ski set

THX for looking!
    Fabe

Fabe, Ask (PaPa) Patrick Kiser about the ski protectors - he may know. The skis appear to be the Kandahar type and are similar to German issue. Good prices for both items! NH

Grüß Di' Fabe,

Great find on the skis...they are in fantastic condition. The 'ski protectors' are actually emergency ski repair tips. If you were skiing and you broke a ski tip, you could clamp one of these emergency repair tips onto the ski and ski back to home base. Can't beat the price of 10 Euros.

Here's one in my collection....buried on the shelf with ski waxes and other items.

Ski Heil und Horrido!

"Papa" Kiser

?

THX Neil and "Papa"! I'll def. make more pics when arrives... Very nice collection!

?

Those are cool. Interested to see what you find out.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Yes like another also posted, a metal piece for emergency ski repair.

I knew Papa would have the right answer. I will try to get some photos of my German skis for comparison. NH

?

Thanks Neil, I'l looking forward to that...
    I'll be receiving this via post sometime the end of next week - a bit nervous about it actually, he will be sending it as "fragile", but i'm crossing my fingers that I'll be getting it in without damage.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I knew Papa would have the right answer. I will try to get some photos of my German skis for comparison. NH

Here are a few German skis in my collection:

And American:

Ski Heil und Horrido!

Papa

Last edited by Heeresbergführer; 12-01-2014 at 01:30 AM.

?

very nice collection you have there...I'll need to get poles for these - sounds like a project for the next few years
    I found some pics of this ski set with poles - so I'll be needing the "bamboo" type for these...

WW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski setWW2 Hungarian M1939 ski set

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast